AR500 brand Lv. III Steel Plate
AR500 Level III armor is manufactured from AR500 steel and, with a 20-year maintenance-free shelf life due our proprietary FragLock coating, will outlast ceramic and UHMWPE body armor.
Compatible with all standard plate carriers that accept SAPI or traditional Shooters Cut body armor with appropriate chest plate pocket size.
Our Level III armor is rated to stop 7.62x51 M80 NATO Ball (.308 Winchester) at a velocity of up to 2,780 fps, and special threat tested to stop 5.56mm M855/SS109 (Green Tip) at a velocity of 2,780 fps. Our armor has been independently tested in accordance with NIJ 0101.06 threat levels through Oregon Ballistics (OBL), and H.P. White Laboratories.
- Peace of mind: unparalleled multi-hit capability compared to ceramic or polyethylene armor
- Confidence: stops high velocity military .30 caliber ammunition
- Durable: exclusive FragLock coating for 20-year shelf life
- 10"x12" Thin .26” profile
- weighs approx 8.0 lb
- FragLock Build-Up Coat for spall and fragmentation mitigation
- AR500 Armor® high hard specially treated ballistic steel core construction
- Rigorous quality control standards for consistency and performance
- Rugged and stress fracture resistant
Made in the United States of America!